A unique herbal compound, Berberine, should be in everyone’s basket of herbal remedies. It can be used to support blood sugar, which can lead to weight management. It also has a positive impact on heart health, gut health, and even immunity. Berberine is a bitter-tasting herb and has been used historically in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine. Here’s some good news: our berberines are sustainably sourced and do not strip the wild of valuable plants.
Barberry, Goldenseal, and Oregon Grape Root Have This Herb in Common
Plants such as barberry, goldenseal, and Oregon grape contain an important naturally occurring herbal alkaloid known as berberine. What exactly is it and what’s it going to do for you? This bright yellow plant pigment is most commonly known for its support of the cardiovascular system, but its health-promoting properties are extensive and can be seen in many different body systems as well.
Berberine health benefits:
- Healthy blood sugar levels already within the normal range
- Insulin sensitivity as it relates to weight management
- How you digest carbohydrates
- Gut and liver health
- Heart health
Berberine Supports AMPK Activity – The Metabolic Master Switch!
From an insulin sensitivity standpoint, berberine supports the activity of the enzyme adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase (AMPK). AMPK is often referred to as the metabolic master switch. By supporting the AMPK pathway, berberine helps induce the uptake of glucose into cells where it can be converted into energy. Activating AMPK is also key to maintaining healthy total cholesterol levels already within the normal range. Berberine has been studied for its lipid-lowering properties.
From Blood Sugar to Carbs, to Weight Management
By supporting insulin receptor activity and the efficient use of insulin, berberine can positively impact blood sugar balance. When blood sugar is balanced, it’s easier to maintain normal body weight. Naturally, exercise and wholesome diet are all part of a quality weight control program, though Berberine may also help support carbohydrate digestion, which contributes to weight management.
Take 2 or 3 per day in divided doses. Consult your health practitioner before adding a berberine supplement if you are already on a blood sugar-lowering medication. You can also consider this natural blood sugar management study or this study.
Support Your Gut and Immunity
Berberine supports gut health by helping to maintain bacterial flora balance, protecting mucous membranes, and supporting the production of short-chain fatty acids. And, since 80% of your immune system is in your gut, supporting gut health means you’re also supporting your immune system!
When combined with a healthy diet, this bitter herb helps support liver health and bile secretion by helping break down fats into fatty acids.
Sustainably Harvested Berberine is Best
Natural Factors WellBetX® Berberine is the #1 selling berberine!* There are many great reasons the product is a standout:
- Sourced from non-endangered barberry (Berberis vulgaris), the preferred and sustainable source
- Each vegetarian capsule provides 500 mg of berberine, the same amount successfully used in clinical trials to support insulin sensitivity and healthy weight management
- Berberine (Berberis vulgaris) extract root yields pure Berberine hydrochloride
- Third-party certified by ISURA™ to ensure purity and potency. ISURA uses state-of-the-art technology, such as mass spectrometry, to test for up to 500 potential contaminants
- Contains no artificial colors, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, corn, egg, fish, shellfish, animal products, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs
With an herbal remedy that does so much, where should we shelve it: in the cardio section, gut health, blood sugar, or immune system health section? Come see where we put it!
* WellBetX Berberine 500 mg 60 vcap ranks #1 based on dollar sales, Single Herb category, US Natural Channel, SPINS data 52-week period ending 10/08/17.
Call or Visit to Buy
Berberine Herbal Supplement
Save 30% NOW
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. They are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.