Bulk Foods Inventory Assistant
The Bulk Food Department Assistant, under the direction of the Grocery Department Head, responsibly orders and controls inventory, rotates stock, and merchandises bulk foods. Are you passionate about people and looking for a friendly place to work? Would you know the difference between quinoa and rice? Or would you be able to explain why whole foods are essential for healthy living? Did you answer “yes” to all these questions? Then, Martindale’s Natural Market might like to hire you as our new Bulk Foods Assistant!
- Merchandise product attractively
- Package, scale, and price accurately
- Rotate items using coded dates to reduce shrinkage
- Unload, check-in, receive and stock deliveries
- Maintain adequate inventory
- Ensure all equipment is cleaned and sanitized
- Observe all store rules, company policies, and handbook guidelines
- Greet and address customer inquiries
- Develop active listening to recognize and appreciate others’ points-of-view
- Self-educate continuously on the products throughout the store
- grocery stocking
- dry bulk bin filling: 1 year (Required)
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs., stand for extended time periods, climb ladders, bend, reach, squat and do repetitive motion
- Knowledgeable of a retail computer-based operating system
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Needs to be dependable and able to fulfill a flexible work schedule
Admittedly, the above job description is limited in detail; it is not an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Management reserves the right to amend tasks, schedules, and job requirements.
If interested in our Grocery Department Bulk Foods Assistant job, please complete our job application.