Are you an experienced communications professional who enjoys working for a small business, while driving enthusiasm in others through creative marketing? Then you came to the right place! Your goal will be to develop and execute marketing strategies while increasing the company’s market share in a competitive industry. We’re hiring a skilled PART-TIME communications coordinator who will work 1 on 1 with the Marketing Director to support and collaborate in the organization’s marketing ventures.
PART-TIME: 25 hours per week
Inquire about additional work hours, if desired, in other areas of our retail business.
- THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION
Future growth possibilities may include Google Ads, Social Media Marketing, Event Marketing, and in-store product demonstrations.
Description of Responsibilities
- Compose articles related to whole-body wellness, food, and holistic health content for the web
- Generate persuasive MailChimp newsletter emails
- Create basic graphic signage for retail
- Design visually appealing merchandising displays for monthly promotions
- Participate in monthly in-store training and vendor-sponsored educational events
- Creative copywriting, content marketing and blogging skills
- WordPress proficiency
- Email Marketing proficiency
- Keen sense for improvements to online and in-store marketing
- Knowledge of online marketing communication techniques and best practices
- Passion for engaging co-workers, customers and assigned tasks
- Self-starter who is passionate about continuous self-improvement
- Impeccable time management skills to initiate and complete projects
- Comfortable in a small business atmosphere as we continue to grow
- Flexible schedule and willingness to help with tasks to benefit the customer
- Cheerful and effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Reliable transportation
- Education: Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, or other business-related fields. Proven experience, with an eye towards writing, will be considered in place of formal education.
Martindale’s Natural Market, known as the oldest natural market in the nation (1869), is committed to quality and world-class customer service. We are a small retail business promoting health, nutrition, and community. Martindale’s values team players who foster excellent customer relationships and share in our corporate vision.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
Additional Compensation: Generous store discounts
Questions for Communications Coordinator Applicant
- How many years of Copywriting experience do you have?
- How many years of Email Marketing experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.
- Can you provide writing samples?
- Monday through Friday
Careers Page Application
Email all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with samples of writing.