Here’s the real scoop on local coffee roasters from Pipersville, PA. They are the founders of The Coffee Scoop, sold at Martindale’s. This is a real, bona fide organic coffee line sporting the USDA Certified Seal. You have no idea how hard it is to find genuine organic coffee from an organic roaster, even in a natural store. Coffee Scoop fits the bill.
What’s more, they only roast organically grown Arabica coffee beans. These are the good ones! Compare!
- Shade-grown coffee is sourced whenever possible. The birds nest in the trees, eat the insects and fertilize the soil. This creates a symbiotic environment for the coffee plant to grow. No herbicides, pesticides or chemical fertilizers are needed.
- In 2007 they received organic certification from PA Certified Organic.
- The Coffee Scoop is Certified Fair Trade because they believe the farmer who grows the coffee deserves fair wages to provide a better life for his family. You can also be assured that this logo means the coffee was grown with respect for the earth and the farmer.
- Freshness is essential to making a good cup of coffee.
- Arabica coffee beans are best. That’s why only these are used.
- Each coffee bean is roasted until it reaches a fully developed roasting point. This style of roast captures the unique character and flavor of every coffee bean. The roast date is always stamped on the bag.
- Start with good filtered cold water to brew a good cup of coffee with no off-tastes.
- Grinding your own freshly roasted beans is the most significant thing you can do to improve the taste of your coffee. This takes so little time and the reward is so great. Grind enough beans to make one pot of coffee—fine grind is best, coarse grind for a French press. Measure out 1 tablespoon for each cup of coffee. Adjust the strength to your liking.
- Store your coffee in an opaque, air-tight container at room temperature.
Shop The Coffee Scoop coffee beans at Martindale’s, hand-craft roasted in Pipersville, PA. Shop local!