Digital Marketing Assistant
Martindale’s Natural Market is seeking a full-time, experienced Digital Marketing Assistant to join our growing retail team. The ideal candidate has a teacher’s heart and loves to learn and communicate with others. Those with excellent writing, blogging, and communication skills, combined with a love of independent learning, are encouraged to apply to our grocery marketing assistant position. Experienced MailChimp email marketers and WordPress users – please apply!
What Will I Be Doing?
- Attend training sessions to learn about products.
- Self-directed study of natural foods, dietary supplements, and pure ingredients making connections to health benefits in the area of wellness, diet, and wholesome living choices.
- As Marketing Assistant, you will work one-on-one with the Marketing Director in the nation’s 1st health food store to educate consumers about natural food and products in a retail setting.
- Obtain, create, proofread, and edit creative content such as blogs, recipes, and products on WordPress.
- Design basic visual and graphic signage for online and in-store use using Apple Pages and Pixelmator Pro.
- Create grocery email communications using MailChimp, improving shopper engagement over time.
- Collaborate with key staff members to incorporate product information into marketing campaigns.
- Convey enthusiasm to help staff members gain product knowledge in small groups and one-on-one.
- Merchandise creative hands-on in-store product displays to increase sales.
- Provide marketing support for digital and in-store campaigns, initiatives, and advertising.
- Joyfully receive mentoring for growth and improvement.
What Skills Do I Need?
- Demonstrate superior written and verbal skills
- Cheerfully express excellent customer service and people skills to shoppers and fellow staff members
- Able to explain nutritional concepts to educate and sell products
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Hands-on experience with WordPress and MailChimp as a digital marketing assistant
- Ability to work independently on-site as a team player with little supervision
- Ability to use Microsoft Word
- Creatively design basic signage for in-store and online use
- Knowledge of SEO best practices a plus
- Passion for natural foods, special diets, biology, nutrition, agriculture, or cooking is a plus
- Strong work ethic and ability to work with urgency on and off the sales floor
- Ability to lift 25 pounds. May require use of a ladder.
- Print sales reports
Send a writing sample with your application for priority consideration.
Note: The Digital Marketing Assistant is NOT a remote position.
- Associate Degree, along with relevant experience
- Email Marketing: 2 years (Required)
- Graphics software: 1 year (Required)
- Marketing: 2 years
Founded and local since 1869, Martindale’s is known as the first health food store in the United States. We believe in giving back as we serve the community by providing a way to better health.
Furthermore, our mission entails caring for our staff, serving our customers from the heart, supporting the local community, and promoting a sustainable environment. The successful candidate will be a champion for the company’s values, vision, and mission.
Martindale’s Natural Market is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and work to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Because we are a local community and employee-focused company, we desire to create a positive and productive work environment.
This position offers 40 hours per week typically in daytime Mon-Fri hours, though occasional evenings or weekends may be required.
- Employee discount
- Medical insurance
- Generous SIMPLE IRA match
- Paid time off
- Paid relevant coursework as needed
Full Time, 8-hour shift, Day shift, Monday through Friday
Pay: from $19 an hour considering relevant experience
Complete our online application for consideration for the Digital Marketing Assistant position. We hope to hire within a few weeks.