Shopping for one-daily, natural multivitamins, but confused by all the choices and prices? How do you choose? Here are a few tips to get you started if you’re committed to just one daily capsule. Consider natural multivitamins with methyl folate. Look for active forms of vitamin B.
- Avoid ingredients you don’t recognize: Here are a just a few – polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide, BHT – recognize any of these?
- Choose multivitamins based on your gender and age: Vitamins formulated for men and seniors tend to have no iron because they don’t need iron. Vitamins for seniors, however, have more vitamin D and women’s formulas have some additional calcium.
- If you are pregnant: Choose a natural prenatal multivitamin formulated with additional methyl folate to help protect your baby from birth defects.
- Choose active forms of B vitamins, including active vitamin B2 (R-5-P), B6(P-5-P), methyl folate ((6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate MTHF) and B12 as methylcobalamin.
Doctor Formulated Natural Multivitamins with Methyl Folate
Emerald 1 – Daily Multivitamins are doctor-formulated, whole-food based supplements using therapeutic dosages backed up by clinical research on patients. Think of the convenience of taking just one capsule a day, and not 2, 4 or 6!
They contain a special blend of sprout powders, broad-spectrum plant-based digestive enzymes and a blend of probiotics, raw whole foods and prebiotics. They’re completely gluten free and additive free – no magnesium stearate!
Why Coenzymated Vitamins?
Emerald multivitamins include pure, highly bioavailable coenzymated methyl folate. What does this mean and why is this important?
Everyone is born with two methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) genes, which code for an enzyme that influences folic acid or natural folate activity in the body. However, nearly half of the U.S. population is born with a MTHFR genetic defect affecting one or both genes, which prevents the body from fully converting natural folate or synthetic folic acid into the active coenzymated form.
Do you have one of these gene defects? See why methylated folate multivitamins are so important? People born with an MTHFR gene defect face serious health risks. Supplements should provide the coenzymated form of nutrients which are always found in Emerald Labs formulas.
Known risks of having an MTHFR gene defect:
- Risk of high homocysteine levels, which could lead to premature heart attack, stroke and later development of Alzheimer’s Disease.*
- Greater risk for depression, migraines and brain fog.*
- Twice the risk of pregnant women having a baby with a neural tube defect.*
One Daily Multivitamins for Men
June is Men’s Health Month, a great time for men (and the people who love them) to take stock of their health. Men’s nutritional needs differ from women’s, and statistics are stacked against them when it comes to heart disease and cancer.
Although men recover well from acute, high-stress situations, they do not fare as well as women when it comes to chronic, low-grade stress. As a result, the incidence of inflammation and metabolic syndrome is higher in men than women. In addition, men affected by the MTHFR variant have a greater risk of premature heart attack and stroke.
The following whole food multivitamins are specially formulated to support men’s unique nutritional needs:
Men’s One Daily: formulated with additional antioxidants, zinc and lycopene.
Men’s 45+ One Daily: formulated with higher levels of lycopene and CoQ10 and the addition of vitamin K2, L-glutathione (the master anti-oxidant) and saw palmetto, all to support heart, bone and prostate health.
One Daily Multivitamin for Women
Emerald’s One Daily Women’s multivitamins are specially formulated for women with more calcium and Vitamin B6, and are formulated for younger women under 45 and 45+.
One Daily Prenatal Multivitamins
Pregnant women may be at risk for having the variant MTHFR gene. One Daily Prenatal Multivitamins have twice the methyl folate to protect babies and prevent birth defects.
Emerald Multi formulas also contain the following nutrients in highly preferred forms. Does yours?
- Active vitamin B2 (R-5-P), B6(P-5-P), methyl folate ((6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate MTHF)
- Beta Carotene plus Full-Spectrum carotenoids
- Lutein and lycopene
- Pureway C™ – Non-GMO and 12-hour retention time
- Sunflower-based vitamin E – Natural, Soy-Free & Non-GMO
- Setria® L-Glutathione in ALL 45+ Formulas – Protects the liver
- Albion chelated minerals – the “Gold Standard” of bioavailability
- Soy-free K1 and K2
- Fermented Co-Q10
- European grapeseed extract – Provides OPCs
- Alpha lipoic acid
Emerald One-Daily Multivitamins are the natural, additive-free choice for you if you’re looking for a one-per-day multi at a competitive price.
* Alternative Therapies, May/Jun 2008, Vol. 14, No. 3
Call or Visit In Store to Buy
One Daily Natural Multivitamins