Produce Buyer Department Head
Do you have at least three years of experience overseeing a Produce Department? Can you create artistic landscapes with fresh fruit and vegetables? Is the customer your #1 priority? Do you have a flair for the unusual? We’re seeking the right candidate for our roots, pits, leaves, and tubers. Martindale’s Natural Market needs an Organic Produce Department Head who is energetic, possesses knowledge of profitability, and can engage both staff and customers.
Customer-centric candidate must be able to:
- Strategize to reduce produce shrinkage
- Keep department clean and well-stocked
- Seek out local and organic distributors
- Provide nutritional tips for health-conscious customers
- Plan and implement enticingly delicious samples
- Effectively communicate with customers to increase sales
- Maintain a profitable margin within departmental guidelines
- Provide direction for staff and follow-up
- Report to Store Manager
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a candidate to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand for extensive periods of time and lift and move up to 55 pounds.
- Competitive pay wages
- Paid Vacations
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Simple IRA
- Profit Share Program
- Awesome Employee Purchase Program
- A friendly and caring environment
- 3 years
- One location
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
- 7:45 AM
Typical end time:
- 5 PM
- at least one evening weekly
- Monday to Saturday
We encourage all experienced candidates to apply for the Organic Produce Department Head position using the Careers Page Application from our website.
Martindale’s Natural Market, one of the oldest natural markets in the nation, is committed to quality and world-class customer service. We are a small retail business promoting health, nutrition, and community. Martindale’s values team players who foster excellent customer relationships and share in our corporate vision.
Email all inquiries to email@example.com.