Martindale’s Natural Market is seeking a part-time, experienced Human Resources (HR) Generalist to join our growing team. This position will provide support to Martindale’s Natural Market’s retail operations while working closely with our leadership team. This HR Generalist must first have a broad knowledge of human resources functions such as recruitment, selection, onboarding new hires, and offboarding. He/she also deals with employee compensation and compliance management.
Human Resources Opportunity
If you love people, and are looking to kick start your career in the Human Resources field, Martindale’s Natural Market is the place to be. Your role as an HR Generalist will be far from one-dimensional. Employment specialists who can screen, recruit, interview, and place workers in a grocery store setting are wanted. The right candidate brings communication skills, social perceptiveness, and problem-solving skills. You’ll undertake and spearhead a wide range of HR tasks such as:
- organizing retail-based trainings
- administering staff benefits and leaves
- assisting with personnel relations
- crafting employee incentive programs
In addition, you will use Human Resources information systems to ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential. The HR Generalist acts as a point of contact for employees on HR-related topics. Our goal is to ensure the HR department’s operations run smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value and care to the organization as a whole.
Qualifications – Years of Experience and Education
- 4 years High School/or G.E.D. required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Minimum of 1 year experience in Human Resources in retail or grocery or like field required. Minimum of 1 year experience working in customer service a plus.
- Develop or implement recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs.
- Perform searches for qualified job candidates, using sources such as computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources, media advertisements, job fairs, recruiting firms, or employee referrals.
- Interview job applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, or job skills.
- Select qualified job applicants or refer them to managers, making hiring recommendations when appropriate.
- Schedule or conduct new employee orientations.
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software.
Founded and local since 1869, Martindale’s is known as the first health food store in the United States. We believe in giving back as we serve the community by providing a way to better health. Furthermore, our mission entails caring for our staff, serving our customers from the heart, supporting the local community, and promoting a sustainable environment. The successful candidate will be a champion for the company’s values, vision, and mission. At the same time, he/she will assist with creating a positive, healthy work culture.
Martindale’s Natural Market is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and work to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Because we are a local community and employee-focused company, we desire to create a positive and productive work environment.
This position offers 20 to 29 hours per week with a generous SIMPLE IRA match. Daytime hours, some evenings or weekends may be required. Flexible work arrangements may be available. Pay is negotiable.
Interested applicants may complete a job application on our website.