Feeling a little cranky these days? Mood swings got you down? The source of your foul mood could lie in your gut. The trillions of bacteria that make up your microbiome – your body’s gut ecosystem – could be affecting whether you’re happy, sad, depressed or irritable. Probiotics – the live bacteria promoting the growth of good bacteria in your gut – may be the very thing you need to improve your mood, improve digestion and feel better!
The Gut-Brain Connection
An intricate highway of nerves called the enteric nervous system (ENS) carries the signals between your gut and your brain. The main function of the ENS is to control digestion from the time you swallow food to the enzymatic breakdown of food, nutrient absorption, and elimination. The ENS also sends the signals to your brain when your gut is out of sorts, and that can have a big impact on your mood and anxiety level.
Research shows that each of us has a unique microbial identity that can be altered by what we eat. Probiotics support healthy digestion, vitamin synthesis, immunity health and more. Adding probiotic foods to your diet such as yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchi, and kefir can positively change your microbiome. However, if you can’t eat these foods every day, or you just don’t like them, then your best option is to take probiotic supplements.
Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Probiotics
Garden of Life’s Dr. Formulated Probiotics, created by David Perlmutter, M.D., an expert in the human microbiome and board-certified neurologist, are formulated to support the trillions of bacteria that live on and in your body – your unique microbiome.
Dr. Formulated condition-specific probiotic formulas from Garden of Life address specialized needs such as anxiety and depression, and are also formulated to fit women’s and men’s unique microbial needs. All Dr. Formulated Probiotics promote immune and digestive health and do not need refrigeration.
For Those Moody Blues: Dr. Formulated Probiotics Mood+ 50 Billion
Research shows that strains of two bacteria, Lactobacillus helveticus R0052 and Bifidobacterium longum R0175, reduce anxiety-like behavior in mice and human volunteers. Dr. Formulated Probiotics Mood+ is created with a unique formula of these two clinically studied probiotics to support emotional well-being and relaxation. Additional ingredients, including organic ashwagandha and organic Alaskan blueberries aid in stress management. Mood Plus was awarded 2016 Best of Supplements from Better Nutrition.
- Promotes emotional well-being & relaxation
- Supports digestive balance
- 50 billion CFU; 16 probiotic strains
- Contains clinically studied Lactobacillus helveticus R0052 and Bifidobacterium longum R0175 for emotional well-being
- Contains 350mg of organic ashwagandha and organic Alaskan blueberries for stress management
- Contains Acacia Prebiotic Fiber
- Made with over 70% organic ingredients
Exclusively for Women: Dr. Formulated Probiotics Once Daily Women’s 50 Billion
Once Daily Women’s contains blends of 15 probiotic strains and a power-packed 50 billion live probiotic cultures to support vaginal, digestive and immune system health. Among those probiotic strains are Lactobacillus reuteri and Lactobacillus fermentum that are resistant to stomach acid and bile.
- Supports vaginal, digestive and immune system health
- 50 billion CFU; 16 raw probiotic strains
- Has added Lactobacillus reuteri and Lactobacillus fermentum probiotics
- Requires no refrigeration
- Has Shelf-stable Potency Promise—50 billion live probiotic cultures, shipped in a desiccant-lined bottle to ensure your probiotics ‘Arrive Alive and Stay Alive’
Exclusively for Men: Dr. Formulated Probiotics Once Daily Men’s 50 Billion
Specially formulated for men with 15 diverse probiotic strains of Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria, Once Daily Men’s promotes men’s digestive, colon, and immune system health. The inability to fully break down and digest foods can cause gas, as well as the overgrowth of gas-producing bacteria that thrive in an alkaline environment. Once Daily Men’s includes a special blend of Lactobacilli strains that help men maintain a healthy gut ecosystem and a more acidic environment that is less hospitable for these noxious bacteria to thrive.
- Supports digestive and immune system health
- 50 billion CFU; 15 raw probiotic strains
- Has a diverse probiotic blend of Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria strains
- Requires no refrigeration
- Has Shelf-stable Potency Promise—50 billion live probiotic cultures, shipped in a desiccant-lined bottle to ensure your probiotics ‘Arrive Alive and Stay Alive’.
Call or Visit to Buy
Probiotics for Mood, Women, and Men
ON SALE NOW!
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. They are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.