Are you feeling sluggish? Fuzzy headed? Is your weight up, your hair looking thin, or are you having trouble staying warm? If so, you’re not alone! You may be one of the millions of women who have low thyroid. Many women could benefit from extra attention and care for their thyroid with a natural thyroid supplement. In fact, we offer a whole array of dietary supplements designed especially for women covering thyroid, adrenal health, menopause, PMS, and more.
Manage Your Stress
Stress can affect your thyroid. Did you know that? Take more walks (especially in nature) and practice relaxation techniques such as stretching or deep breathing. Reduce your sugar and caffeine intake. Get optimal sleep.
Change Up Your Cooking
Below you’ll find a list of fruits, vegetables, and grains that have been shown to be goitrogenic. Goitrogens make it hard for the thyroid gland to produce and activate its hormones. Don’t avoid foods! Just ensure that you prepare them by fermenting, simmering, or steaming to reduce the goitrogenic compounds within them.
Goitrogenic foods to be aware of –
- Gluten: Cut down on gluten or avoid it altogether.
- Soy (isoflavones): Soybeans, tofu, soybean oil/flour/lecithin. It has been reported that when there is sufficient iodine in the diet, soy does not negatively impact thyroid function. Nutritional supplements such as WomenSense® ThyroSense® (more on this later!) is an excellent source of iodine and other nutritional support for the thyroid.
- Cruciferous vegetables (isothiocyanates): broccoli, kale, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccolini, cauliflower, mustard greens, turnips, collards, spinach, canola, horseradish, radishes, rapeseed, and rutabagas. These are best prepared by steaming. If juicing them raw, moderation is key.
- Nuts: Peanuts, pine nuts.
- Fruits: Strawberries, pears,
- Other: Flaxseed, millet, cassava, bamboo shoots, sweet potatoes.
Add Nutritional Support
Supplements can provide excellent nutritional support for thyroid health and function. With L-tyrosine, ashwagandha, guggul, pantothenic acid, iodine, selenium, copper, and manganese, ThyroSense (along with a good multivitamin/mineral supplement) provides wonderful support for thyroid health. It even helps convert T4 to the more active T3.
Ladies, your body may benefit from other support as well. Natural Factors offers a complete line of supplements to support all your needs:
- Adrenals need some TLC? AdrenaSense® combines adaptogenic herbs to help support recovery after mental and physical stress.
- Hormones need support? EstroSense® provides powerful support for estrogen metabolism, detoxification of naturally generated body toxins, and overall healthy hormone balance. Contains Calcium d-Glucarate, Indole-3-Carbinol, DIM and more.
- Going through menopause? MenoSense® can help relieve occasional menopausal symptoms, such as hot flashes, night sweats, irritability, and mild nervousness.
- Need a high-quality fish oil? Choose RxOmega-3, a combination of EPA, DHA, ALA, and GLA fatty acids.
- Iron deficient? IronSense® supports healthy iron levels and provides support for symptoms associated with iron deficiency anemia, such as tiredness and fatigue.
- Bladder need support? BladderSense™ contains the highly absorbable, water-soluble pumpkin seed extract to support bladder function including frequency, tone, and control.
- Need PMS relief? Chasteberry Extract supports a healthy menstrual cycle.
Take time to support your health! Through a combination of diet and dietary supplements, you can get back on track to optimal health.
Visit to Buy
Women’s Health Supplements
for Thyroid, Adrenals, Menopause, Hormonal Balance, More
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. They are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.