We don’t tend to think about our breathing until it’s hindered. Then it’s all we can think about! That makes sense, considering that the human body can only go five to ten minutes without breathing before serious brain damage occurs. Respiratory and immune health starts with a good lung sinus formula and quercetin.
How Does Breathing Work?
When you breathe, you take in oxygen your body needs and release carbon dioxide, a waste gas. Air enters through your mouth and nose and travels through your sinuses, larynx, trachea, bronchial tubes, and bronchioles — smaller tubes that branch off the bronchial tubes. The air arrives in your lungs, where blood that has traveled through your body is replenished with fresh oxygen and then flows back out. Meanwhile, carbon dioxide trades place with oxygen and exits your body.
Pretty magnificent for something you’re not usually aware of!
When Breathing Gets Hard
Breathing keeps you alive, but it’s not always easy. Luckily, there are natural ingredients that can help.
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) is an amino acid that breaks up mucoproteins. This action helps fluidify bronchial and lung secretions. As a result, NAC improves oxygen saturation in the blood, making breathing easier.
- Bromelain is an enzyme found in pineapple that supports clear airways, loosens secretions in the respiratory tract, and promotes lung capacity and function.
- Marshmallow is an herb that soothes and coats the mucosal linings of the throat.
- Mullein, wild cherry bark and horehound are all botanicals that help break down and expel respiratory secretions. Wild cherry bark additionally helps relax muscles in the respiratory tract.
- Ivy leaf extract is an herb that has been used for hundreds of years to support lung capacity and healthy respiratory secretions. Research suggests it helps promote healthy lung function.
- Quercetin is a bioflavonoid found in red wine and many fruits. It helps prevent the body from releasing histamine, which causes responses such as teary eyes, itchiness, and redness. However, quercetin can only do these things if it is absorbed and utilized, and in its raw form, quercetin has poor bioavailability. That’s why it’s important to choose a form of quercetin that has been specially formulated to be bioavailable.
Sinuses and Immunity
Two mighty Natural Factors supplements support immunity and respiratory health with herbs and nutrition. Get ready for fall challenges now.
- Lung, Bronchial & Sinus Health formula combines NAC with the enzyme bromelain and the botanicals marshmallow, mullein, wild cherry bark, horehound, and ivy to help break down and fluidify mucus and support the entire respiratory system.
- Quercetin LipoMicel Matrix features patent-pending LipoMicel technology to increase quercetin absorption and utilization. A bioavailability study found Quercetin LipoMicel Matrix remains in the bloodstream longer than other forms of quercetin and achieves up to 10x higher blood concentrations 12 hours after ingestion.
Visit to Buy
Quercetin and Respiratory Supplements
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. They are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.