In wintertime, we relish those tart notes of the citrus that comes into season! Indulge in those great flavors as either a side to a fabulous meal or a wholesome stand-alone dish with this Citrus Salad with Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing. This recipe is truly a feast for the senses with creamy avocado, crunchy onions and walnuts, and juicy citrus. Soak in the detoxifying powers of not only the fruit but also the apple cider vinegar in the dressing. Enjoy this refreshing and flavorful winter salad.
Citrus Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 15 Mins | Servings: 2
- 1 small red leaf or bibb lettuce
- 3 mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 red grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, julienned
- 1/3 c walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces and arrange on serving plates with mandarin oranges, grapefruit, and avocado.
- Sprinkle on red onion and chopped walnuts.
Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 t agave nectar
- 1/2 t Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad. Serve promptly.