Plant-Based Reuben Sandwich
Creamy Russian dressing and tart sauerkraut are the perfect matches for Tofurky’s Oven-Roasted Deli Slices. The robust flavors within this sandwich work so well with one another to create a delightful lunch or dinner. A classic diner favorite, serve this plant-based Reuben sandwich alongside a hearty soup or tossed garden greens for a standout (plant-based) meal.
Plant-Based Reuben Sandwich Recipe
Prep Time: 10 Mins | Cook Time: 6-8 Mins | Servings: 4
- 3 T vegan mayonnaise
- 2 T minced dill pickle or capers
- 2 t ketchup
- 4 slices of rye or marble rye bread
- 2/3 c sauerkraut, drained
- 2 slices Swiss-style vegan “cheese”
- 1 package Tofurky Oven-Roasted Deli Slices
- To make the Russian dressing, thoroughly combine mayonnaise, pickles and/or capers, and ketchup in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Assemble sandwiches by evenly spreading dressing on two slices of bread and topping each with half the deli slices, sauerkraut, and “cheese”. Cover each sandwich with the other slice of bread.
- In a large skillet, warm 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil over medium-high heat, swirling to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the two sandwiches, and cook until both sides are golden brown and cheese has melted, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a cutting board and slice each sandwich in half to be shared.