Salty Nutty Choco Tart
We can’t wait to make this Salty Nutty Choco Tart for our friends and family this holiday season! It’s jam-packed with the tastiest ingredients, like semisweet chocolate, salted nuts, and coconut milk blanketing a crust of crushed pretzels. Not only do these ingredients form the ultimate combo of sweet and salty, but you may already have them in your kitchen!
The ingenious pretzel crust ensures you don’t have to deal with a finicky dough and shortens the preparation process so you can indulge all the more quickly. Of course, choose gluten-free pretzels if you prefer, and feel free to make the whole recipe gluten-free if you like. Just check the labels on all your ingredients. You won’t want to miss out on this simple and delicious dessert!
Prep time: 1/2 hour
Total time: 2 hours, 30 min
Salted Nut Tart Ingredients
4 ounces pretzel twists
1 ½ tablespoons cane sugar
4 tablespoons plant-based butter, melted
1 ½ cups chopped semisweet chocolate
¾ cup regular coconut milk
¾ cup salted mixed nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place pretzels in a food processor and run until crumbs form.
- Place crumbs in a mixing bowl and mix in sugar and melted butter until thoroughly incorporated. Put crumbs mixture in a 7-inch tart pan, forming the edges of the crust first by pressing into place then press remaining mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Bake tart crust for 12 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Heat coconut milk in a small saucepan just to the boiling point and pour over the chopped chocolate, cover. After a few minutes, stir until smooth. Reserve ¼ cup for garnishing and pour remaining into tart shell. Chill filled tart for at least 2 hours before proceeding.
- Sprinkle nuts over the top of the chocolate layer and drizzle with reserved chocolate. Chill for an additional hour before serving. Your salted nut tart is a sure people pleaser.
And that’s a wrap! Make satisfying salty, nutty choco tart the day before you need it and drool until dessert time.