Tortilla Ice Cream Boats
Maritime time! Let’s make yummy tortilla ice cream boats full of your best veg ice cream using Siete Cassava tortillas. Shape and bake! This recipe is vegetarian and gluten-free. The kids will love it and so will you. Put on your sailing cap, watch ocean-going videos, and enjoy your dessert.
Serves 4 40 minutes
3 Siete Cassava Tortillas sold at Martindale’s
coconut ice cream
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 T cinnamon
- Heat tortillas on a griddle, medium-high heat for 10-15 seconds per side.
- Allow tortillas to cool down slightly, then butter on both sides.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- Season buttered tortillas evenly on both sides with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- While tortillas are warm, place them in an oven-safe bowl, folding and molding them on the sides, into the shape of a boat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove baked and hardened tortilla boats from the oven with the bowl.
- Scoop coconut ice cream into each tortilla boat.
- Garnish with mint and toppings of your choice and sail away!
cacao shavings or nibs
Siete tortillas are gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and non-GMO. Look for Siete tortillas chips while you’re here shopping.