Maritime time! Let’s make yummy tortilla ice cream boats full of your best veg ice cream using Siete Cassava tortillas. Shape and bake! This recipe is vegetarian and gluten-free. The kids will love it and so will you. Put on your sailing cap, watch ocean-going videos, and enjoy your dessert.
Serves 4 40 minutes
3 Siete Cassava Tortillas sold at Martindale’s
coconut ice cream
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 T cinnamon
- Heat tortillas on a griddle, medium-high heat for 10-15 seconds per side.
- Allow tortillas to cool down slightly, then butter on both sides.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- Season buttered tortillas evenly on both sides with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- While tortillas are warm, place them in an oven-safe bowl, folding and molding them on the sides, into the shape of a boat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove baked and hardened tortilla boats from the oven with the bowl.
- Scoop coconut ice cream into each tortilla boat.
- Garnish with mint and toppings of your choice and sail away!
cacao shavings or nibs
Siete tortillas are gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and non-GMO. Look for Siete tortillas chips while you’re here shopping.