Who doesn’t love an opportunity for a themed dinner?! These zingy chicken tostadas make a mean main course for your Cinco de Mayo celebrations. Crisp-ify your tortillas in the oven and add a mountain of toppings. This recipe utilizes ground chicken and black beans as the protein, and red cabbage, cilantro, radishes, and more to add crunchy freshness to your plate. This recipe is already gluten free but you can modify further using meat alternatives or dairy free substitutions.
Zingy Chicken Tostadas Recipe
Prep Time: 10 Mins | Cook Time: 35 Mins | Servings: 12
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 6 T olive oil
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 2 T tamari
- 2 t honey
- 1/2 t crushed red chili flakes
- 12 – 6″ corn tortillas
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 c red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 small red onion, julienned
- 8 oz sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and chilies and saute until translucent. Add chicken, breaking up pieces to form a crumbly texture. Cook mixture until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic and cook another minute. Turn off heat and add lime juice and tamari.
- Meanwhile, place corn tortillas on a baking sheet and bake in oven for 5 minutes or until desired crispness. Set aside to cool.
- Assemble tostadas by evenly dividing chicken mixture between tortillas. Repeat with black beans, cabbage, radishes, and red onion. Drizzle with sour cream and garnish with cilantro.
Serve hot and enjoy! Zingy chicken tostadas are perfect for a cinco de mayo celebration, but you’ll want to make them a weekly event.