Here’s what to do:
- Cut organic tomatoes into halves, discarding as much of the juice and seeds as possible. Cut into small cubes and place in a bowl.
- Roll several fresh basil leaves lengthwise and slice into thin strips. Toss and mix with tomatoes.
- Mince one or two cloves of organic garlic and add to mixture.
- Drizzle with a high quality, expeller-pressed olive oil (preferably organic). Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on top of sliced, crusty Italian loaf which has been lightly smeared with olive oil and toasted.
For a more pronounced garlic flavor, smear toasted bread with an open clove of garlic, then top with bruschetta mixture.