Bruschetta with Heirloom Tomatoes
Scrap common bruschetta and make yours special. Make homemade bruschetta with genuine heirloom tomatoes! The best in tomato flavor comes from true heirloom heritage.
Here’s what to do:
- Cut 8 organic heirloom tomatoes into halves, discarding as much of the juice and seeds as possible for some other time. Cut into small cubes and place in a bowl.
- Roll several fresh basil leaves lengthwise and slice into thin strips. Toss and mix with tomatoes.
- Mince one or two cloves of organic garlic and add to mixture.
- Drizzle with high quality, expeller-pressed olive oil (preferably organic). Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on top of sliced, crusty Italian loaf which has been lightly smeared with olive oil and toasted.
For a more pronounced garlic flavor, smear toasted bread with an open clove of garlic, then top with the heirloom bruschetta mixture.
Everyone will be loving this, so fear not all that garlic!