Switch things up in the kitchen and try these crunchy avocado fries. They are the perfect combo of cream and crunch. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce for a snack that satisfies. Or, try alongside your favorite sandwich or a burger for a new kind of side dish. Your tastebuds are about to take a flavorful ride!
Crunchy Avocado Fries Recipe
Prep Time: 5 Mins | Cook Time: 25 Mins | Servings: 3-4
- 2 large avocados (ripe but still firm), peeled and sliced
- 1 box Simple Mills Almond Flour Sea Salt Crackers
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 1/2 t smoked paprika
- 1/4 c brown rice flour
- 1/4 t onion powder
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- 1/3 c unsweetened plant-based milk
- Chopped cilantro, optional
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and brush it with avocado. Set aside.
- Add Simple Mills crackers to a food processor and pulse until you get a fine texture with some medium-sized chunks (those will make the breading extra crunchy). Transfer to a medium bowl along with chili powder and smoked paprika. Toss to combine.
- Add brown rice flour, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper into another medium-sized bowl. Add milk and whisk to combine.
- Dip a slice of avocado first into the milk mixture and then into the bowl with the crushed crackers. Then, lay it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the slices.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then flip slices and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove crunchy avocado fries from the oven, transfer them onto a serving plate, garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy immediately as is, with your favorite creamy dipping sauce, or with salsa.