It’s a piece of cake! It’s easy to make this grain-free dessert look elegant; add a dusting of powdered sugar or top with a drizzle of fruit spread for a dainty finish. This grain-free almond cake is so light, you’ll find it to be the perfect addition to any meal. Pair it with coffee for breakfast or with a cup of tea for an after-dinner cold-weather pick-me-up!
Grain-Free Almond Cake Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 22-25 mins
- 11 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 c cane sugar
- 1/4 c sunflower oil
- 1 t almond extract
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease an eight-inch round cake pan and line with parchment paper.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, oil, and almond extract.
- Combine the two bowl’s ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle on sliced almonds.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Substitute a keto-friendly sweetener for cane sugar for a low carb option.
- Substitute coconut flour for tapioca flour for a low carb option.