You can grab one of these make-ahead keto egg muffin cups on your way out the door in the morning for a quick and easy breakfast or snack! Eggs do so many good things for us. Full of protein and vitamins, they keep us energized and feeling full. Additionally, some studies have shown that those who regularly eat eggs are more likely to live longer without heart or circulatory problems. These are a great breakfast or snack for those on a keto diet who are trying to limit their carbohydrate intake.
Keto Egg Muffin Cups Recipe
- Non-stick organic olive oil spray
- 1 c lightly packed organic baby spinach, finely chopped
- 3/4 c red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 c grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 large organic eggs
- 1/3 c egg whites
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t dried basil
- 1/4 t oregano
- Freshly ground black or cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tray with organic olive oil non-stick spray.
- Combine veggies in a bowl and divide them into the muffin cups filling about 2/3 of the way.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, spices, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture into the veggie-filled cups. Do not overfill.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes until eggs are set. Let cool, then loosen and remove from muffin tin with a butter knife. Enjoy immediately, refrigerate, or freeze.