This healthy holiday stuffing is bursting with wholesome ingredients. In addition to the traditional stuffing taste that you love, plenty of superfood ingredients give this holiday staple a nutritious boost.
- Sprouted bread may help ease digestion, may help with the absorption of minerals like calcium, magnesium, iron, copper, and zinc, and is a great source of fiber.
- Regenerative coconut oil is an earth-friendly cooking oil with a rich flavor and nutty aroma. In addition, it’s certified vegan and is Non-GMO verified.
- Dried goji berries are an excellent source of antioxidants and polyphenols. This dynamic duo helps fight off free radicals to support a happy, healthy immune system.
- Hemp seeds contain rich amounts of 2 essential omega fatty acids and are high in protein.
Healthy Holiday Stuffing Recipe
Prep Time: 1 Hour 20 Mins | Cook Time: 40 Mins | Servings: 8
- 1 loaf sprouted bread
- 6 T Dr. Bronner’s Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 large sweet yellow onions, minced
- 4 celery stalks, minced
- 2 T (packed) minced fresh thyme
- 2 1/3 c vegetable stock
- 1/3 c dried goji berries
- 2/3 c hemp seeds
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Tear bread into 1/2-inch to 1-inch pieces, and spread onto a baking sheet. Bake 1 hour, tossing once or twice midway through until bread is golden and toasted. Remove bread from the oven to cool. Turn heat to 425 degrees F.
- Warm coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions and celery. Cook until softened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in thyme and cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer contents of the pan to a large mixing bowl. Pour in vegetable broth. Add salt and pepper. Combine.
- Add toasted bread, goji berries, and hemp seeds, and toss well. Transfer mixture to a 12″ x 9″ baking dish. Press down slightly, creating an even layer. If any goji berries are exposed, press down to submerge into the stuffing to avoid burning.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Then remove foil and bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes, or until the top of the stuffing has browned.
Gluten-free bread may be substituted if desired.