Potato and Chard Quiche
Ah, quiche! The perfect mix of breakfast and lunch with a savory egg filling and veggie mix-ins. This potato and chard quiche recipe is a great bridge to spring with early-season leeks and chard, plus the potatoes will keep you satisfied and full. Make this ahead of time to enjoy hearty breakfasts all week long, serve with a side salad for a quick lunch, or serve up to your family on Sunday morning. No matter what the time of day is, this vegetarian quiche will satisfy. Try substituting your favorite cooking green or adding different herbs to keep things fresh!
Potato and Chard Quiche Recipe
Prep Time: 25 Mins | Cook Time: 30-35 Mins | Servings: 6
- 9″ prepared pie crust
- 10 oz. red potatoes, halved and sliced
- 1 small leek, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch of chard, stemmed and chopped
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 t dried thyme
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 1 t sea salt
- 1/4 t ground black pepper
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute leeks and thyme until tender. Add chard and saute until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Layer chard mixture and potatoes evenly in the bottom of the crust, pour egg mixture over top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges are golden and the center is set.