You’ve made deviled eggs. We all have at one time or another. However, Purple Pickled Devilish Eggs are light years ahead. Here’s the recipe in two steps.
Step 1 – The Purple Pickle Part
- 6 hard-boiled shelled eggs
- 3/4 cup juice from canned or cooked beets
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- dash black pepper
Make this part ahead of time.
- Place eggs in a quart jar.
- Heat the rest of the ingredients in a saucepan, but not to boiling.
- Pour hot liquid over eggs.
- Cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight or longer until ready for the 2nd part.
Step 2 – The Devilish Egg
- 3 T mayo
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 T Bubbies Kosher Dill Pickle Juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika to garnish
- chives to garnish
Evil grin is appropriate for the grand finale!
- Slice your pickled eggs in half and empty yolks into a bowl.
- Mix yolk, mayo, mustard, pickle juice, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Put mixture into a pastry bag (or use a plastic bag and cut the tip off) and squeeze into pickled egg halves.
- Garnish with paprika and chives.
Now serve up your Purple Pickled Deviled Eggs and don’t let anyone refer to them as just plain ol’ deviled eggs!
By the way, Bubbies Kosher Dill Pickles are on sale this month, May 2020!