You’ve made deviled eggs. We all have at one time or another. However, Purple Pickled Devilish Eggs are light years ahead. Here’s the recipe in two steps.
Step 1 – The Purple Pickle Part
- 6 hard-boiled shelled eggs
- 3/4 cup juice from canned or cooked beets
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- dash black pepper
Make this part ahead of time.
- Place eggs in a quart jar.
- Heat the rest of the ingredients in a saucepan, but not to boiling.
- Pour hot liquid over eggs.
- Cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight or longer until ready for the 2nd part.
Step 2 – The Devilish Egg
- 3 T mayo
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 T Bubbies Kosher Dill Pickle Juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika to garnish
- chives to garnish
Evil grin is appropriate for the grand finale!
- Slice your pickled eggs in half and empty yolks into a bowl.
- Mix yolk, mayo, mustard, pickle juice, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Put mixture into a pastry bag (or use a plastic bag and cut the tip off) and squeeze into pickled egg halves.
- Garnish with paprika and chives.
Now serve up your Purple Pickled Deviled Eggs and don’t let anyone refer to them as just plain ol’ deviled eggs!