Pumpkins, galore! What else can I make with pumpkin? Even better, something pumpkin with dark chocolate! Here’s the exact recipe you dream about this time of year: vegan pumpkin bread with 70% Sea Salt Dark Chocolate from Alter Eco.
- 1 ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 mashed Ripe Bananas – Organic and Fair Trade is best
- ½ cup Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ cup melted Refined Coconut Oil
- 1 bar of chopped Alter Eco Sea Salt Dark Chocolate
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped Pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan with a smidge of coconut oil. To easily remove the bread from the pan after cooking, add a strip of parchment paper to the pan. In a medium bowl, sift the dry ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas, making sure not to leave big chunks. Small chunks are fine. If you don’t do this right, we will find you! Add the remaining wet ingredients to the mashed bananas.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the banana mix just enough to combine everything. Fold in your preferred inclusions, that being the dark chocolate and pecans, of course. Set a small portion aside to sprinkle on top of the loaf. (Better double that as you’ll be snitching organic, bold chocolate nubbins right outta da’ bowl. Ha!)
- Carefully pour the completely vegan pumpkin batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle toppings and snitch some more.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the bread. If the bread is too moist, bake at 5-8 minute intervals until done.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes, then slice to desired thickness.
- See? No animal products or cholesterol is needed to tickle your chocolate/pumpkin fancy with this vegan recipe. Enjoy!
- Repeat and enjoy some more.